Nalda Vigezzi, National Network on Cuba, email@example.com
Peter Miller, Brookline PAX, firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
MISSION: To oppose the U.S. government’s hostility toward the Cuban Revolution and to work toward normalizing relations:
• End the US Embargo against Cuba; Lift the Travel Ban & Trade Blockade.
• Return the Guantanamo Naval Base to Cuba.
• Respect Cuba’s Sovereignty; End “Regime Change” Policies and Practices.
The Coalition was formed in 1989 to oppose the U.S. government's hostility toward the Cuban Revolution and to work toward normalizing relations and is affiliated with the National Network on Cuba (NNOC)
Our activities include public educational programs including video showings, talks from visiting Cubans, and report backs from those who have recently traveled to Cuba. We participate in humanitarian material aid campaigns including the FriendShipments and caravans organized by Pastors for Peace, and we support tours to Cuba where people from the US can see the island nation for themselves, including those that are affiliated with RESPECT.
Our interests include educating ourselves and others about the achievements of' the Cuban Revolution:
• in health care,
• in literacy and the right to education,
• in the lowering of infant mortality,
• in the rights of women,
• in the work to eliminate discrimination based upon race and class,
• in the arts, sports, and culture,
• in social and community relations,
• in solidarity with the struggles of the oppressed people of the world.
We are committed to working to end the aggressive policies of the United States toward Cuba as well as toward other Caribbean and Latin countries.
We support the struggles of popular movements of the poor, working, and indigenous peoples of the Americas to obtain peace; economic, political, and social justice; and an end to environmental destruction.
The July 26 Coalition generally meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm at Encuentro 5, 9A Hamilton Place, next to the Orpheum Theatre, across the street from the Park Street. Please join us in this important work.
For More Information
Please call us at 617-566-2861 or email us: info(at)july26.org. We announce our events and related ones our list and on the Greater Boston Activists email list, Act-MA.