Affiliations and Links
- The National Network on Cuba — recent messages here and here
- The Venceremos Brigade
- The International Committee – recent messages here
- The U.S.-Cuba Normalization Committee – recent messages here
- ICAP / Instituto Cubano de Amistad con los Pueblos / The Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples
- IFCO/Pastors for Peace
- The Latin America Working Group
- RESPECT (Responsible Ethical Cuba Travel)
News, Information, and Media coverage — In addition to the information and posts by NNOC and the Latin America Working Group noted above:
- Walter Lippman’s cubanews
- Resumen (in English)
- FAIR has excellent periodic pieces on mainstream media’s distorted Cuba coverage, e.g., “Cuba Under Media Attack for Sending Doctors, Not Bombs, to Help Covid-19 Victims” and “US Campaign Against Cuba’s Medical Brigades Targets Healthcare, Not ‘Forced Labor’”
- Helen Yaffe, “The World Rediscovers Cuban Medical Internationalism” in Le Monde Diplomatique and “Leading by Example: Cuba in the Covid-19 Pandemic” in CounterPunch
- Don Fitz,“How Che Guevara Taught Cuba to Confront Covid 19” via Merri Ansara; “Can We Simultaneously Oppose Bayer/Monsanto’s Biotechnology and Support Cuba’s Interferon Alpha 2B?” MROnline via Sam Anderson on Science for the People; other posts on Cuba’s medical achievements by Fitz on MROnline; see also Fitz’s “On Cuba’s First Military Doctors” (in Portside and Monthly Review, thanks to Marilyn Frankenstein.
- “The continuing campaign against Cuban doctors: Deconstructing the current version,” Peter Miller
- “Cuba’s quest for vaccines“ — Candace Johnson, CEO of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, talks to Christiane Amanpour about innovation in Cuba’s biotech field on CNN (3/2/21), another remarkable breakthrough in US corporate media on Cuban medical advances and internationalism. On the same date, Correspondent Patrick Oppman provides another straight up, special PBS report on Cuban vaccination breakthrough, development, rollout, and implications in the international fight to defeat Covid-19.
- Merriam Ansara, “A message from Cuba,” Daily Hampshire Gazette, March 30, 2021
- Helen Yaffe, “Cuba Libre to be COVID-Libre: Five Vaccines and Counting…,” March 30, 2021
- Democracy Now: How Cuba Beat the Pandemic: From Developing New Vaccines to Sending Doctors Overseas to Help Others, April 9, 2021.
- Witness for Peace Solidarity Collective “Message of support and ways you can stand in solidarity with George Floyd”
- August H. Nimtz, “Why There Are No George Floyds in Cuba”
- Witness for Peace, New England
- First Baptist Church, Jamaica Plain
- Brookline PAX
- South End Technology Center @ Tent City
- Act-MA, Activist Events in the Greater Boston Area
- Committee for Peace and Human Rights – stopallwars.com
- Committee for International Labor Defense – on OccupyBoston.org
- US-Venezuelasolidarity.org – Boston Venezuelan Committee
- The Resistance Center (western Massachusetts)
• US-CubaNormalization.org webinars from March-November 2020 bottom of the Zoom-help page.
• Workshop listings and Videos from the March 2017 National Cuba Conference in NYC